When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weekend Update

What a wonderful weekend!

My 92 year old Grandmother and my Aunt were here from Oregon and Northern California. It was so nice to get a chance to visit with them and have them be a part of our crazy lives. My oldest son had the 4th grade City championship on Saturday. Unfortunately, they lost (14-18) but you know what? Those boys played really well, AND they all knew it. No tears. No whining. Everyone knew what a huge deal it was to be there and just to play as well as they did. My son LOVES football and it is really great to watch him play (he is actually really good - and NO that is not just a Mom saying that :) ) With Grandma and my Aunt in town we also had a chance to celebrate all of the October birthdays...both of my sisters and my Dad are October babies. My husband has started a tradition that during a birthday you go around the group and say something special about that birthday person. It made for wonderful conversation, AND it was nice to get to tell them what you think. Yes, there were some tears and lots of laughter!

So...now we head into Basketball season (come on I live in Indiana of course we are heading into Basketball!) This is the time last year that we went really crazy, with practices almost every night -- different boys but always practice. I don't know if I am looking forward to this or not. I think it may be a breaking point for our sports with the kids. But I am really trying to look at it positively...really I am.

So what am I up to? Oh, the scale is still creeping up - if you must ask. I have gotten a head cold and need to heal up. BUT my achilles is healed and I am ready to run again. The bike is still sitting on the trainer patiently waiting for me to ride. I am ready to go. I need this cold to be mostly gone and it is on.

Continue praying for Micheal and his Tri-Be. I am also requesting continued prayers for my sister, her husband, and baby Jeremy. They are getting into the home stretch now...please pray for a miracle.

That is it for now!
Peace!

No comments: