When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Back to paradise!


I am leaving this week for paradise (without kids - picture is from spring break).
No, I am not exagerating.
Not. One. Bit.

Ferry is the only way to get to the island. There are no cars. You get there and live in your swim suit and flip flops. Very laid back. Low key. Peaceful. Paradise.



A wonderful friend turned 50 this weekend and a group of her friends are all joining her in paradise this weekend (long weekend).



I need this break. I need to reevaluate myself and I will be able to have that time with this group. I am truly blessed to have them in my life. I can see that now.



I have not been running, I have injured my achilles somehow. It "burns" when I run. So, I know that there is no way I am going to be able to do the marathon in October, I should have no problem with the half marathon BUT I feel like I am wimping out. I don't know.



So, this break will give me time to recoup, regroup, and rejuvenate. All in paradise.

4 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Where is the place that you speak of and can I come???

Melissa said...

Have a wonderful time and please do take that time you need for yourself. Sorry about the marathon, but there are always more. Don't feel like you are wimping out. You are doing what you need to do.

Thanks for the link to your sis's sight. I have put quite a few Trisomy links on my blog and I put your sister's on there. I hope she doesn't mind. If she does let me know.

Take care sweetie,
Melissa

Sheri said...

I'm jealous...enjoy it! Sounds like you can use it. I'll have to get the location info from you for future reference. Love and dimes! Hope you find one in paradise.

jbmmommy said...

Just found your blog, good reading! Sorry to read about your sister, hope you enjoy the vacation.