"Understand that this is not a dress rehearsal. This is it...your life. Face your fears and live your dreams. Take it all in." ~ Jon Blais
Kind of a rough week.
I have a friend that has been fighting cancer since her diagnosis in September 2005. Last Saturday, she and her husband made a decision to not undergo any further radiation, etc. She made him promise her that she could hear the eulogy. He told her that he has had it finished since April 9th (two days after they found the cancer had returned this time in her brain and cerebral spinal fluid) waiting for her to edit. I forgot to mention they have a daughter - that just finished 4th grade.
Another friend and I went to visit her on Wednesday.
It was not easy.
I got out of there and called my husband. I told him that I hope when or if we are ever in the same situation that we can be as strong in our faith and in each other.
I have kept wanting to post something, but I just have not been able to find the right words.
Even now I am falling short.
Everything else going on in my life seems so trivial.
Pray for Belinda, Gary and their daughter Rita.
Peace!
7 comments:
I am really sorry to hear that. I know how hard it can be to wrap one's mind around the certainty of death, and how we fight that acceptance the same way that individual fights cancer. I will keep you and your friend in my prayers. I am just so sorry.
I know how you are feeling, I just lost my friend..it's a hard journey for everyone, but your friend appreciates you and you are great for being there for them.
Take care.
I will be praying. I have a daughter that just finished 4th grade, so I cannot even imagine. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.
I lost my mom to cancer. It is never to lose a mom.
Take care and thank you for being there for them.
Melissa
I am so sorry. Many prayers and peace are sent your way. May each day be a blessing and cherished in their faith and love for one another. I am so sorry.
They are very Strong. So sorry for your friend and her family.....
Prayers on the way from AZ
A
So sorry to hear this. They are on the prayer list
Dear Laura,
Your account of your dear friend Belinda, and her husband Gary leaves me breathless and saddened - being so similar to Jeanette's situation.
Being called as witnesses to suffering is a calling we all have difficulties with - but you, Laura, have been presented as a silver lining in their lives - and ours as well.
Blessings and prayers.
Post a Comment