When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Monday, May 19, 2008

2:10

Second half marathon in the month of May is in the books. I finished in 2:10 and it was much, much, better then the earlier race. I am really happy with this time as this course was much tougher then the Indianapolis Mini. I hit a rough spot around mile 10 1/2 and there I found my friend Mary. I think I told her something like "I Suck" and she said "oh, get running Laura - you did an Ironman you can do anything!" She was right. I took a look at my watch and got to running. My legs were turning over faster and I was headed to the finish.

So, if they do this race again next year. I am in. I will probably do both the half marathons again in May...that was a really nice accomplishment.

I am now trying to plan out the rest of the summer. Kids camps, baseball, and if there will be time to squeeze a triathlon in there. I do know I am going to do a fall marathon so that training will eventually be going on as well.

Got a little recovery run in this morning -- 30 minutes. Felt good. Now to get this weight off...I think I told a friend I need to be calling Nutra System or something. And I was only half kidding...

Later!

8 comments:

Team Brazo said...

Great job -- nice pickup from your last half-marathon (and only 2 weeks apart). Two weeks ago I ran my first half marathon -- that may be my favorite race distance -- it works well with my age/body/ability/etc.

Have a nice day...

Anonymous said...

Nicely done!!

I love the half marathon distance.

Sheri said...

Awesome! Glad you had a better race. I thought of you all morning as we were heading out and shopping for plants/flowers with 3 kids in tow.

Mike said...

Congratulations!

ShirleyPerly said...

Congrats on your race, Laura!

And thanks for stopping by my blog. The Bar will be open soon and there will be some surprises!!

Anonymous said...

Well done - obviously we are the same pace at running - if it weren't for the fact that you are on the other side of the world, we would have made great running buddies!

Congrats on 2 half marathons in May!

M said...

Nicely done!

Hey, what fall marathon are you doing? It wouldn't happen to be Chicago.....?

M said...

just thinkin' about you today. hope you are doing well.