When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Today


I signed up for the Indianpolis Marathon today. I have been feeling apathetic and having my own pity party here, ever since I had to withdraw from Ironman Louisville. So, I decided that in order to have some focus to my fitness I need something to be training for...a challenge. Not just a half marathon which it seems I can go out and do with little to no training. That is not meant to be bragging or anything of the sort, it just is what it is.


So, I need to find a good Marathon training program. I think the guys over at Endurance Nation have one...I just need to get a copy.


The race is October 18th. So I can train with all my Chicago Marathon buddies as well.... yeah -- nothing like group motivation. Now, if anyone has an recommendations for losing weight while training for a marathon...I will take it. I really have got a lot to lose now that I have decided that chips and queso EVERYDAY for lunch is a good idea...
____________________________________

Update on my friend with cancer - she is holding steady. Having some difficulty with some of her neurological function -- eyes and numbness in the hands - but over all in good spirits and enjoying each day.

God is good!

Peace!

4 comments:

Team Brazo said...

I'm with you on that "younger" organized sports stuff. We always encouraged the kids to do non-team sports (x-country, swim, track, etc) -- much easier on me.

Have a nice day...

Sheri said...

Good to hear from you again! I've missed you. Don't get me started on the sports stuff - I already have my moments of stress and she's only 6. She is interested in golf - which I want to encourage. Try multi grain chips and fresh salsa - that isn't so bad right? :) Good luck with training!

M said...

HI!!!!!! I love clicking on you and seeing a new post - it makes so happy!!!!

So you have planted a seed for the Indy Marathon. Since I did not sign up for my first love- Chicago - I have been toying with the idea of doing a fall marathon. Perhaps?

Glad to hear your friend is doing well. I hope you are as well....

Anonymous said...

Congrats for signing up for the marathon!

Oh, the kids' team sports thing...ugh. Our boys are in high school now, but have been involved in sports since they were little. There will always be parents/coaches like that out there...even in high school. The Little League All-Star thing...that's frustrating when it comes down to playing favorites in your son's case. Unfortunately, I think that happens a lot. Hang in there :)