When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hebrews 12:1

12Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us,


How perfect that this is the New Testament reading for today! I cried during mass. This particular passage has been quite a big part of this journey and to have it as one of the readings today, is not a coincidence. I truly believe that I need to "lay aside" all the things that are weighing me down and just move forward to that start line.


I am number 1528. You can follow along with my progress during the Ironman by checking into ironmanlive.com. Hopefully it will all be functioning and you will know how I am doing.


Please pray for me and the other participants throughout race day. I will be praying for you. It is one of the things that helps me to keep moving forward and takes my mind off the body parts that have started hurting.


May peace be with you and I will be moving forward and running the race set before me (hot, cold, humid or rain) with endurance.


Later!


1 comment:

Mary Sunshine said...

Great passage!!!!

I needed to hear this today, too. I wanted to get to Church with my family but was vetoed. This hurts. They will go to Mass with me next Saturday. There's a Church on the marathon course.