When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Monday, August 20, 2007

This is it

This is the last week.

I am ready (I am working on positive self talk). Yesterday, I had an hour run scheduled. It seemed short and that was really nice. When did a 1 hour run become short? :)

This week is going to be crazy with the kids in school, kids sports (3rd grade tackle football, 1st grade flag football, and preschool soccer), and homework. The dog has to go to the vet before she gets kenneled for the weekend and we are having the carpet cleaned on Thursday. I think by the time I get to Louisville on Friday I am going to be ready to relax a little. ha!!

My Dad is going to go down to Louisville with me on Friday morning. My husband will be coming with the kids on Saturday after the kid's sports are over. My Dad is a 10 time Birkiebeiner competetor (that is a marathon XC race) and he understands the freakout mode I am in right now and said that he will be my transport and then stay out of my way, I think his wording was "you don't need to entertain me".

My plan right now is to drop the big kids at school Friday morning and then take the other two to my parents house. Dad and I will leave from there and Mom will take the kids for the day. Dad and I will head down to Louisville, I don't think we will get there in time for in time for the Friday swim but that was my inital goal. We will be checking into the hotel (My family is staying at the Hyatt and my parents are staying in LaGrange) and then getting registered. I would like to drive the bike course again. I also need to go to the athlete meeting. Somehow I also need to keep from freaking out!! I think that a group of people will be getting together for dinner but nothing is set yet. Saturday will be for the swim, eating, and checking in the bike. Other then that I plan on relaxing as much as possible.

Now...the weather needs to get in line. I keep seeing chances of rain. Which I will not mind later in the day BUT rain upstream from Louisville will make the river current stronger, which is NOT good. I do not own a wetsuit so I was kind of hoping not to have to buy one in the last week before the race. Does anyone know if they will be selling wetsuits at the Expo?

So that is it for now.

Later!

3 comments:

Tri-Dummy said...

Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary. Isaiah 40:31

GO 1528!!!!

Go Mom Go said...

Thanks Jay! I appreciate it. I love that verse.

LP

Mary Sunshine said...

I'm sure they will be selling wetsuits but I think it's HIGHLY unlikely that they will be legal due to the high temps...but I hope I'm wrong.

Nice to "meet" you! Hope to say hello in Louisville sometime!

Mary