When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Dream

"It all comes down to having a dream. You have to know why you head out the door every day to run. Your purpose will motivate you in every mile you train. "
- Brian Diemer, three-time Olympian steeplechaser and 1984 bronze medalist

It is right there...but what is the dream? For me, it is the finish line with my kids and husband watching. I hope that I can be an inspiration for other people to know that if I can do this so can they -- be it an Ironman, marathon, half-marathon, or 5K. Dream Big and work hard.

Every time I look at the calendar my stomach flip flops, I cannot believe this is my last weekend before the race. It felt like I had forever to train, but now it is really here (or almost here).

I can do this. Not fast or Kona pace, but I can do this.

Thanks for watching!
Later!

No comments: