When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Update



What does 4 kids + 6 baseball games + 1 parent =




1 weekend with 0 training...




So, this past weekend I was flying solo. My husband was gone on a much needed golf trip with his buddies and it was just me and the kids and LOTS of baseball. I did not get any training in this weekend. It kind of makes me nervous to miss a session (that is an understatement). Anyway, Monday was the start of a new training cycle and I am now in my "competition" stage of training. Of course, I am not signed up for any races other then Louisville as of now but I will be doing at least a few just to make sure nutritionally I am OK. Or, I may do my own long training days and test that nutrition out without spending the money on entry fees.




Speaking of entry fees...the Mini Marathon went really well. My goal going into the race was to keep myself at 10:00 minute miles and feel good when I was finished. I accomplished both of the goals. I hit 10:00 minute miles, had NO gastro intestinal problems during the run (which have plagued me in the past), and I felt great when I finished (I actually felt like I could keep going!). I have finally figured out where the GI problems came from -- Gatorade Endurance. I just can't handle it. So, I am going to have to provide my own stuff during Louisville because that is "what is on the course".




Creating Hope - I have raised a little bit so far, I am up to $165. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it!




Peace!


LP




No comments: