When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

2 posts in 1 day...

I just had to put this out there. I just received this daily devotion through my e-mail and I had to share. The final prayer is basically what I ask for everyday, I need strength during this journey to Iron and have been asking the Lord. Now, I understand I also need to be asking the Holy Spirit to fill me.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Meditation Acts 20:17-27

17 From Miletus he had the presbyters of the church at Ephesus summoned.
18 When they came to him, he addressed them, "You know how I lived among you the whole time from the day I first came to the province of Asia.
19 I served the Lord with all humility and with the tears and trials that came to me because of the plots of the Jews,
20 and I did not at all shrink from telling you what was for your benefit, or from teaching you in public or in your homes.
21 I earnestly bore witness for both Jews and Greeks to repentance before God and to faith in our Lord Jesus.
22 But now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem. What will happen to me there I do not know,
23 except that in one city after another the holy Spirit has been warning me that imprisonment and hardships await me.
24 Yet I consider life of no importance to me, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to bear witness to the gospel of God's grace.
25 "But now I know that none of you to whom I preached the kingdom during my travels will ever see my face again.
26 And so I solemnly declare to you this day that I am not responsible for the blood of any of you,
27 for I did not shrink from proclaiming to you the entire plan of God.

Readings
St. Paul gave this farewell address to the elders of Ephesus, summarizing some of the main points of his life and ministry among them. Since he knew that they would not see him again, it was to be something like his final legacy.
Have you ever thought about what kind of legacy you would like to leave? For which accomplishments in your life, or for which character traits, would you like to be remembered? You might be tempted to think that there is no way your legacy could be so noble or set so high as Paul’s. But if you think that way, you’re most likely limiting what God is willing to accomplish through you!
Our dreams of who we might become or what we might accomplish in life can be quite limited, especially as we get older. Worldwearied, discouraged by past failures, fearful of taking undue risks, or held back by conventional ways of thinking and acting, we might accept far less than God actually wants to do in us and through us. We may be tempted to think that only canonized saints can accomplish anything significant. Lay people may believe that only clergy or religious can make any lasting mark in the church. And religious or clergy may see their own challenges or difficulties as limiting anything truly worthy of greatness in God’s kingdom. But none of these thoughts really reflects God’s view of any of us.
Whenever we think about our legacy, it is vital to remember that “nothing will be impossible with God” (Luke 1:37). There is so much work to be done, and God needs willing vessels to help spread his kingdom. Jesus wants you to believe that he can do mighty things through you. Why not give him a chance? Let him know about your thoughts, dreams, and desires. Tell him with humility but with boldness, “Here I am, Lord. I come to do your will.” Then go for it with all the determination you can muster, and watch what God can do through you!
“Lord, I want to be your champion, but I know that I need your Holy Spirit. Pour out your power and strength, that I may accomplish more than I can ask or imagine!”

No comments: