I have had so many people ask me "why?" Why do you want to do an Ironman?
I think that at one point during this journey I would have had one answer, but now it is more for myself. Before, it was about being that role model for my kids. Showing them that I could do this and if Mom can do an Ironman, they can do anything. Now, it is almost as if I am chasing something. Myself. It is about finding my way that I have lost for so long. Many days I wake up and wonder "how did I get here?" Don't get me wrong, I love my family and my husband. The life I live now, is not what I imagined growing up. BUT I also never imagined that Ironman would be part of my life either. So, I am chasing my inner athlete. That person that I always was growing up - I just lost her for a while. she was here when I was training and doing IMLOU, but she got lost in the following years.
I have many things that need to improve prior to this race, especially my diet. I have to take this way more serious than I took IMAZ. I really blew that race, I did not do the training and my diet sucked. So, here I am today.
Redemption.
1 comment:
I am here to help, support, and cheer you on! Here's to 2011!
Post a Comment