When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Biggest Loser

Did you watch Biggest Loser last night?

First, dumb vote to get rid of Dane!! Why not get rid of the whiny Aubrey or the Dad Ron who can't do anything. How is Blue going to win anything without Dane? I don't quite follow that one. It will be intersting to see how Bob reacts.

BUT my real question is did he really run a 3:53 marathon??? If he did Wow! he was rocking. I didn't think the clock behind him said 3:53, it looked more like 5:00 something.

I was really feeling depressed about that one, here is a huge guy rocking a 3:53...

then I found this...

http://melancholysmile.blogspot.com/2009/02/we-did-it.html

So I read through the blog. This Lady did the same race and there was lots more going on with the film crew.

"{Oh, and those cameras behind me? Those are for Dane Patterson, a contestant on The Biggest Loser. He was there with his wife, running the marathon, though J started calling him The Biggest Liar. He and his wife were several miles behind me throughout the entire race, but around mile 17 they got picked up by a van and driven to the end of the course, where they filmed the grand 'crossing the finish line' finale with all the family cheering. I'm hoping that they televise it as a half marathon, since I know he ran at least that far, which is truly a great accomplishment. It'd be a shame if he got coerced into being less than honest, poor guy, especially since he's LDS like us. We googled him and found his before photo, and he looks great right now. I hope he wins. :) }"

In the comments section:

Hi! I'm Carli Patterson wife to the biggest loser contestant Dane Patterson. I had herd about your post and wanted to give you an explanation of what happened. I am so proud of my husband and his accomplishments. This has been an amazing experience for our family and unfortunatly this marathon has been a little exaggerated. In this industry you are always on a time frame and sometimes it is out of your control. We had stopped along the way to film at a water station and to make up for lost time our producers drove us ONLY 3 miles up the road. I am sorry if this has offended you in any way, but we are still incredibly happy about the 23 miles we ran. We were not listed as completing the marathon. Dane is an honest LDS Dad and I hope that they do say he completed this marathon because had time allowed he would have.

She has gotten lots more in the way of comments all kind of on the same thought that I have...
Last week the "Ironman" screw up and now this with the 26 mile marathon that was really only 23. I think what I really have a hard time with is that they are trying to manipulate the whole show and make these guys out to be doing so much more. It pisses me off. But in some way motivates me too. If they can do these things...I know I can. Actually I already know that! :)

Another really random thing...
I am watching Giada right now, she is biking through Napa. Which is one of those things I want to do some day. She is WITHOUT a helmet though! What?! It is probably not the best look but safety? Come on!

Ok, enough!

Have a great day!
Peace!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I can't stand seeing people on bikes without helmets. I give some neighbors a hard time...they didn't make their kids wear one. How do you expect your kids to wear it if you don't. Just a difference of opinion. I'm so glad you are sharing again. I've missed it. love you!

Megan said...

holy crap! i wasn't p.o.'d about the IM thing (but did you see one of the comments on the psot I wrote about it? aparently the guy did say it was a half-Ironman, but the the show editted it to make it look like he was saying Ironman)

But now I am sory of annoyed by this. These are distances that we work our asses to acheive. And I feel like BL is minimizing it all in some way.

Granted, a half-Ironman and a 23-mile run (run, not marathon) are MASSIVE accomplishments on their own, so why not just be honest about it?