Does raking leaves count as a work out???
About 1/4 of the leaves from our trees have fallen and it is crazy. There still remain ALOT more that will fall!! I don't remember having this many leaves in the past but they are carpeting the backyard...I got two very large piles up yesterday. I have to get another two up today. When I say I HAVE to get them up it is because it is supposed to rain tomorrow and I can't leave these piles there for the rain. And it is going to be another crazy gorgeous day.... hooray!
So...I was hunting around the blogosphere. I found Trigrilpink is doing a challenge. Last month she eliminated candy, sweets, and pastry from her diet. This month (starting today) she is challenging herself to eat 5 fruits and veggies per day - through Dec 5th. I am sure it will actually become a habit that will continue past that point. I am going to join the challenge. I have joined weight loss challenges before, but this is different. This is not about the pounds (which will surely come off eventually) but about making better choices. So what counts...
Fruits
1 piece of fruit (the size of a tennis ball)
1/2 cup cut up fruit, raw, cooked, frozen, or canned (looks like 7 cotton balls)
1/4 cup dried fruit
3/4 cup 100% fruit juice
Veggies
1/2 cup cut up veggie, raw, cooked, frozen, or canned (looks like the bulb part of a light bulb)
1/2 cup cooked, canned or frozen legumes
1 cup leafy greens
3/4 cup 100% vegetable juice
I know that I have joined bandwagons before. I think this is doable though, this is about a fairly easy small change. I CAN do this.
Thanks for your support!
Peace.
5 comments:
YES - raking leaves is hard work girl!!
Good luck with the challenge :-)
It TOTALLY counts!!!
Also, can I join your bandwagon?
I agree - raking DEFINITELY counts.
Great concept on the way! Good Luck and have tons of fun with hubby!
Totally counts!
I am fighting the diet and food beast as well. Does it ever end??
Good luck to you and have a great weekend away with your man (yep, I am commenting out of order again, long week *sigh*)
Post a Comment