When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Portland

Pictures soon! I promise.

We had a WONDERFUL time! I am on the wrong time zone right now and exhausted but it was wonderful.

My grandmother is doing great...it is crazy how with it and capable she is at 92! My Mom is still there, she comes home tomorrow. Anyway, while there I had the chance to see the start of the Hood to Coast relay!

I so want to do this next year! I think it will be possible to get on a team through someone here BUT if not...anyone else want to do it??

Ok -- I will get up a real "report" later just wanted to throw that baby out there! :)

Peace!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

Okay - give me details! I actually got on a bike today - a little over 5 miles under my belt. Hoping for a run this afternoon when hubby gets home. Gotta start somewhere if I am really wanting to do a duathlon right.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time! Wow, your grandmother is a tough cookie...I see where you get it from now ;-)

That relay sounds fun to do next year. It's nice to have things like that to work towards and look forward to!

Enjoy your day :)

KrissyGo! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KrissyGo! said...

Hey Laura,

Thanks in advance for sending me your bon mojo via athlete tracker on race day -- I'll take all I can get!

And Grease 2? Yes, once I even climbed a ladder in the aisle in Kmart and re-created the ladder scene from "Cool Rider" -- and yes, I was plenty old enough to know better.

I suspect female tri-bloggers fall somewhere between Pink Ladies and Cool Riders -- even if they are temporarily sidelined. And maybe even more so.

Glad you had a great time in Portland!

Team Brazo said...

Hi Laura,

We stayed right across the street from the new Colts stadium -- I think it was a Comfort Suites. Great spot -- we ended up walking downtown and enjoying that area. Indianapolis downtown is great -- we needed a few more days to really enjoy it. But I'm sure we'll be back.

Hope all is well and have a nice day,

Robert



************************************************

So...where you staying in Indy?

Somewhere along 65?

I know that you are ready. Have a wonderful time celebrating the day.
Last year they really did a great job, I am sure they will again this year.

Laura

Mary Sunshine said...

Hi Laura,

The relay looks like a blast!

I thought of you the whole way to the Galt house today....and have a few thoughts about next year and the IM that I'd like to discuss with you.

I don't think I still have your email, but if you would email me at mary.wienholts@fuse.net I'd like to be able to tell you what I'm thinking about.

Thanks,

Mary

Tri Mom said...

Laura

Thanks for all your wishes for a successful Ironman. Know that I am thinking of you. I will let you know how things go. I will be out there giving it me all, and your spirit will be there as well!