I have had more and more people ask me if I am ready. I mean really I am only 16 days away from becoming an Ironman. I have immediately answered them as yes. It really surprises me. But you know at this point what more can I really do?
I am going on the MS ride tomorrow down in Brown County. I am debating on riding the 100 mile loop or just doing the 71 mile one. I have a 45 minute run off that I am just going to do down there and then head home. This weekend is the final run through of nutrition, etc. I got my aerobar bottle for water so I will be able to practice with it as well. I am setting my watch for 15 minute intervals to take on my Perpetuem and drink water. Last weekend I got to talking and forgot to eat regularly -- by 2 hours or so I was not feeling right. A Coke helped but I needed more. So this time I am going to actually set my watch to beep and keep me on track. Brown county is similar to the way Louisville will be so it is a great place to practice and I will also have the chance to utilze SAGs etc. Sunday is 1:30 run with a 1 hour ride afterwards...then taper baby!! :)
This week has been full of getting the kids ready for school. Meet the teacher is Monday, and the first day back is Tuesday. Everyone will have to be up and going by 7:15 am, should be fun... just kidding! :)
Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment