When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Great Ride



This weekend was awesome!

I went down to Bloomington and rode 68.5 miles in VERY hilly terrain. I did have to use my itty bitty ring BUT I did all the hills and the hills were way steeper then what is down in Louisville. It was great practice for using my gearing (which worked fine!) and when I got finished I could run! Not only that but my nutrition went great, lots of water and perpetuem. I mixed a perpetuem bottle half way through which I am going to do during the race as well. I am going to put the mix in the bottle for my special needs and add water when it is available. I am also planning on carrying a flask of gel just for a taste change, but this weekend I did not need it.




It was also hot and my hydration plan went well, my new aerobottle works great. It really helps me to remember to drink. I also set my watch to beep every 15 minutes. I took an endurolyte, water, and a swig or 2 of perpetuem. Then of course a couple more swigs of water.




That is about it.




Taper baby!!




1 comment:

Vickie said...

Laura, you're really taking on a huge goal and I'll be pulling for you all the way! It sounds like your family is behind you, which is the most important thing for success.