When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Updates

I have been doing it! I have been consistantly followed the training plan from www.opentri.com, this is week 8 of the Pre Season. I have missed one swim workout in the last 2 weeks, which stinks but I am moving on. Last Wednesday I was able to get my bike fitted and set up for the Ironman. I had aerobars added, a new seat (which I am trying to get used to--so far still VERY painful), and a new seatpost. I was able to spend 3 hours with the fitter and pick his brain and ask lots of questions. It was really nice to have someone to talk with that was not getting tired of all the triathlon talk, my husband tends to get tired of it. My husband is very supportive, though, which is nice and we will see how that continues into the big crazy weeks this summer.

Anyway, the way I look at it each day is a deposit in the Ironman bank. I can definitly feel the strength growing in my legs when I run and bike and in my upper body when I swim. I have had several people tell me that I look like I have been losing weight, which is funny because the scale has not really moved - so perhaps my body composition is changing. Now after our Super Bowl party last night when I weighed myself this morning I had gained 4 pounds! Is that really possible?

So...until later.

By the way -- I am going to meet with the Fox people to have them follow this journey. Should be an interesting learning experience in many ways.

1 comment:

Iron Pol said...

Great job on the training! I've had to take a few easy days (not rest, but only doing one of two sessions) due to some bug I've been fighting. It's great that you've only missed one swim in 8 weeks. That will pay off.

Give the seat a bit of time, but don't be afraid to say that it is just the wrong seat. While far from an expert, everything I've read says that seats can be very difficult to get right. Of course, how do you judge the difference between the need for more time in the saddle or just a new saddle.

Keep up the great work. Glad to hear you decided to let your Fox affiliate document your journey. That will become a great "souvenir."