When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Running

I spend some time each day looking through the web at favorite sites (raceathlete.com, fellow bloggers, and forums), anyway on one of the forums that I read (I don't post) there is a challenge going on to run each day. I am accepting the challenge for February. I am setting a goal for myself to run 6 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes. Running is definitely my limiter - as is my weight. My thought is that with the runs I will build my aerobic levels well as increase my caloric burn. I talked at length during my bike fitting about this with the fitter (who is also a coach but I cannot afford him :) ) His suggestion was to take it slow and make sure the treadmill is on a slight incline (1-2%) in order to make it more realistic to outdoor running and easier on my knees, etc. I am running on the treadmill for convenience, I can run in the morning before everyone wakes up or after everyone goes to bed.

So - the challenge is going well, I know it is only the 6th but I have run 4 out of the previous 5 days. I am going to run this afternoon when the kids are napping, then swim after they go to bed tonight. I would like to get an easy ride in as well if I can - just keep working on the seat - even if it is only 30 minutes. I know that I can return the saddle if it does not work out but I want to give it a chance.

I need to call the Fox producer today. They wanted to do the first taping some time this week or next, they got caught up in the Super Bowl stuff and had to allocate camera people and reporters to the Colts. I think that was a good idea -- I am definitely nervous about the whole thing -- and I am also a procastinator so the longer I can put it off the better. I am excited too though, perhaps someone will see me and say "if she can do this so can I".

Until Later

1 comment:

Iron Pol said...

Make sure some of those days are very easy runs. While some can do extensive training periods without rest days, most of us mortals need the days off.

Just keep the pace reasonable and limit the quality runs. Use this as all base building.

Great job though, it will certainly pay off.