When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

zero

I am starting from zero.

Currently I have hit a new record...I weigh the most I have ever weighed that was not pregnancy related. This is not a goal I am proud of...

Monday I started Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. It has really not been too bad, I have noticed that late afternoon and evening (after dinner) I was craving "something sweet". But by yesterday I knew that if I just keep a snack ready I would not be craving anything. My food has been a protein, lots of veggies (mostly salad), and nuts.

I have also started walking and lifting weights. I have not been running. Mostly because my knee and ankle have been hurting so I just want to start slow. I think that I will be able to run again soon, I just feel like I need to work up to that place. I don't want to injure myself again and not be able to do anything.

So I am starting at zero.

Peace!

6 comments:

kodiacbear said...

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."- Mark Twain

You. Can. Do. It.
angie

Melissa said...

You can do it and we are here for you. Hang in there and NEVER GIVE UP!!! How's your ankle?

ME said...

YOU GO SISTA! :)

Sheri said...

If anyone can do it...you can! Just take it easy and relax. A bad day is a bad day and tomorrow you can start over. I'm here for you. Love ya and Rock on!

Tri Mom said...

Hey Laura!

I am just catching up on blogs! Hugs my friend! You CAN and you WILL do it! Remember small goals = big goals = your destination.

Calyx Meredith said...

Did I already recommend Martha Beck's Four Day Win book to you?? It's really been helping me with my weight loss. She's funny and motivating - and explains some things that help any food plan. I hope your ankle is feeling better! Best, best, best of luck with your plans.