When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

going on vacation

Thursday my entire family (parents, sisters, etc) will be leaving for Florida, heading to North Captiva Island.
Paradise.
I am really excited about leaving but also really tired of the prep that has gone on to get there. Since we are going to an island (no cars, you take a boat, etc) you have to be completely prepared to go. Food - planned and purchased. Drinks - How much water, beer, etc do you need for a week? Kid toys - packed...

A lot of prep BUT once you are there. Nothing to do but relax. Seriously nothing but chilling out.
I am ready.
So, unless I hijack a laptop while we are there (not likely) I won't be posting until we get back. Until then... a few photos from when I was there in September.







The marina, this is where you are greeted and they help you unload all your stuff. There is a cart there to get your stuff to your house.

This is what the island looks like, there are just golf carts allowed so you are either walking, riding a bike, or on a golf cart. Awesome.

So, I am out of here for a while. Need to heal up my achilles and figure out how I am going to do 2 half marathons in May two weeks apart when the most I have run lately is 4 miles. Probably will be doing some walking...

Peace!

1 comment:

Calyx Meredith said...

Safe travels!! It sounds heavenly. Rest, rejuve, soak up the sun and the fun times with the fam. Peace.