Today from Kristin Armstrong "Strength for the Climb"...
Test me in this...and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.
Malachi 3:10
Are you kidding me?
The floodgates of heaven, bursting open for me?
Blessings I cannot contain? Overflowing?
This is not some lucky cookie at a Chinese restaurant, my friend; this is the Word of God! This is a timeless promise of not just provision but of bounty. You may be tempted to worry about your finances and the future stability of your household in menetary terms. You may be tempted by fear to cling or withold when God is asking you to give. But we must abide in the truth that the Lord will provide for us. The Lord asks us to test Him on His Word.
How do we do that? We test this promise by being obediant, by trusting Him equally in times of joy and despair, and by building a spirit of patience...knowing that He alone knows how, and when, and why.
Wow!
Just when I wonder, what now? You have me on this path, I know where I have been but where do you have me going? What do I need to do? What in the world am I doing here and could you please show me the way? God says "test me"...be obediant and follow me. I will show you when the time is right.
So, here's to being patient and trusting that when it is his time...I will know what to do!
Peace!
2 comments:
So well said girl. So well said.
Get going down that path!
Post a Comment