When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Right Here, Right Now

Another timely Daily Devotion from Kristin Armstrong - from Strength for the Climb.

Yesterday - she had this scripture and reflection...

Right Here, Right Now

Do Not be afraid, Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. Exodus 14:13

Want to know my favorite word from the passage above? Today.

I know I was saved through Jesus' death and resurrection, and I have assurance I will be welcomed into eternity...but what comfort, what power, what peace to imagine the deliverance I can receive right here, today.

Whatever you are facing today, from the molehill to the mountain, you can bring it to the Lord. He promises not only to comfort and sustain you, but also to deliver you...meaning He promises to carry you safely to the other side.

If you look too far ahead, beyond the immediate steps He has illuminated for you, it is easy to be overwhelmed into a state of inertia and anxiety. The future is just a series of todays, and you have been promised deliverance through each one. With that knowledge, it is powerfully possible to overcome fear.
Stand Firm.

I had to share this with you. After yesterday and the pain and joy...this was the reading.
Stand Firm. You will be delivered today.

I like the idea that if you look too far ahead you will get yourself into trouble. I needed to read this as I look at myself and see just what a mess I have gotten myself into ... my fitness level is crap. But that is today. If I can get going each little bit each day...I can get to the point I need to be. This is so much the same as a training plan. If you worry about the end training - hours, etc - you will get yourself stuck. But if you just take each day and do what is called for...then you will be able to do the end training/race.

Take it each day.
You will be delivered from Today.
Stand Firm.

Peace!

No comments: