I am still here.
Kids are around, no baseball, lots of swim lessons, and a trip to Holiday World. I am still doing my running. I take the kids with me for my hill work out. There is a hill along a main road here in the town where I live. I park and let the kids run/walk up and down the hill with me. They get tired and go hang out on my Dad's property that runs along the hill while I keep going. It is nice to have company and it keeps me honest. I also like to run along this road because of all the cars. I see friends and neighbors all the time. It makes me keep moving forward. I don't want to be walking when they drive by! :)
We only have two weeks left until school starts back up. I cannot believe just how quickly the summer has flown. My oldest starts preseason football camp next week so in reality this is the last week of summer for the kids. I have not told them that ... it would just make them too sad. We need to go get school supplies and school uniforms. The big boys have grown out of their shorts and the youngest son needs to get his first uniform. School is coming.
In all it has been a good couple of weeks. I have lost a couple of pounds. Not a lot but I have been working hard at eating "clean". I have been much more focused on food as fuel rather then as just something to stuff in my mouth when I feel crappy. I will admit that I was not as good as I could have been while in Southern IN at Holiday World. But that is over and all I can do is move forward. Looking around at all the sizes and shapes people come in and their seeming comfort in bathing suits makes me come to the conclusion that I don't want to look the way they do. I want to look like an athlete. Right now I don't feel like that is how I look. So. I will be be working on it.
I lifted this morning for the first time in a long while. I am making this a new priority. It has to be. I am going to change.
Peace!
6 comments:
It's good to have goals...NO..it's GREAT to have goals. I hope you reach yours. Thanks as always for your inspiration, thoughts and prayers..so..GO MOM GO..:-D
Good to hear from you! Glad you are sticking to the running, but wow - sounds like a busy summer is finally winding down!
This is why I missed you - I haven't done anything for the last 3 weeks (various reasons) - but I will get back to it when school starts. Next week is no good - going out of town. Stick with it and I'll do the same. Let's just not get down on ourselves when we miss.
Now that is one big hill...great job!!
We go back to school after labor day so a little more time up here in the northeast. Yes, school supplies and uniforms are needed. I find the nutrition part of this triathlon training by far the hardest part. I am with you, girl--lets "getter 'done".
I so hear you on the food issues. I struggle so much with that and body image crapola. Ick! Good for you for taking back your life! I hope I can follow suit.
Thank you so much for your kind words for Mary. She was a truly amazing woman.
BTW, your IMLoo 07 report was amazing and very inspiring. Thank you for sharing it.
Post a Comment