When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Packet pickup


Why do I love walking through Expos?

Tonight I am going to pick up my packet for the "largest half marathon in the US", the Indianapolis Mini Marathon. Their expo is full of all the usual stuff...and I love to look at it all. The races in exotic places, the chriopractors/massage therapists, the jewlery, and especially the clothing. I hope that the people (sister and good friend) riding down with me are patient with me. I am so like a kid in a candy store.

What do I hope to see? Good question. There isn't anything that I "need". I do want to talk to the people maning the booths for the two Fall Indy marathons - hopefully my old swim team coach will be at the one he is the race director for, it would be great to see him. I am trying to decide which one to do - either the one mid October or the brand new one on Nov 1. I am leaning to the Nov 1st one as the following weekend hubby and I are going on a beach trip with his work and I want to be as little as possible. Nothing like marathon training to get you there.

So, nothing too exciting - but I am sure I will find something that I "must" have at some point, not neccessarily tonight.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oohh...have fun!!

I love expos, too!

Good luck with the race :)

Sheri said...

So bummed I couldn't join and I would have been patient - time away from the house is always nice. My 4 hours in the car went well and hubby is staying home tomorrow with the gunky nosed little one so I can work out in the morning. All is well! Can't wait to hear your starting corral.