When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Why?

Why do we compare ourselves with others?

Really, why do we do it? There is no way that we will be the same. We weren't created to be the same. We were all created to be different. So then why is it so hard to just accept yourself as you are? Or an even better question, why do we expect so much from our spouses,family, and friends? They are who they are...we can only help them acheive their dreams but we cannot change them to fit some mold we "think" is better.

It is interesting watching my kids grow up. Now, they are not big (grown up) by any means but somehow they have plenty of self confidence and truly believe they can do anything. I hope and pray they never lose that.

I was interviewed last week for a newspaper article. The reporter asked me what I hope that my children learn from me by watching me do my endurance sports and my involvement in my parish community. I simply stated I hope they see a role model. Now, looking back this is what I would say. "I hope that they see a role model. I hope that they see they can do anything they put their mind to...they are going to have to work hard but with that hard work...you get your dream. Regardless of what that dream might be. Health is a gift from God. Don't waste it."

Friend...I have been away for a while. I am still here. Please call.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you...all of you beautiful, strong, wise, and talented people. YOU are just the way God made you.

Peace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this, Laura...it is a much needed reminder for me :)

M said...

It is a gift, one that sometimes is taken for granted until much too late.

I am glad to see you are back. I done missed ya!

kodiacbear said...

Just started reading your blog--yes indeed thank you for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

That was perfect for me to be reading right now. Thank you.

I am trying to decide whether to let other people and what they think of me intimidate me, or whether I should go for my dreams regardless of what they might think of me...

Thanks, and it's nice to see you back.