When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Monday, April 30, 2007

First Communion

My oldest son, I call him Noodle, that is the nickname I gave him when he was little and it has stuck. Of course, he HATES it when I call him that in front of his buddies but sometimes it just slips out. Noodle had his first communion this weekend. We had everyone in for a party and it was a wonderful weekend. It is always nice when you plan a party and everything falls into place, the weather, the food, and the attendees. It was just a great time. I think that the coolest part was how excited my son was to receive his first communion, he could not explain why he was just excited. Very neat!

Training -- it was a short week last week (12 hours). This week, however, 16 scheduled hours... and I have the Mini Marathon this weekend. The race fits in fine to the schedule, I am supposed to do a 2 hour run on Sunday. That will move to Saturday with the race. The only thing that I need to work out is how to get the 1 hour ride that I am supposed to do RIGHT after the run completed. I think I will probably have to wait and just do it that night. So, today I forgot my printed workout when I headed to the pool and had to just wing it. So I decided to see just how far I could swim in 45 minutes. I knew that I was scheduled for 45 minutes so that is how I decided. I swam 100 laps -- 2500 straight. It seemed like I should have made it farther then that, but oh well. I am still early in this training. Hopefully, when I get closer to the race I will be a little faster. Tonight -- I have an appointment with the trainer and Heroes!!

I am physically feeling good. I was sleepy this weekend but I was off schedule with the party and the church ceremony. So that is fine and normal. Just need to focus on my eating.

Later!

No comments: