When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Yuck!

The sickness continues to move through the house. The biggest kid (not my husband) now has it. Yesterday, I picked him up from school on an unrelated issue -- he came in from recess and was not able to breathe, so after a trip to the doctor he was diagnosed with Exercise induced Asthma -- so now I guess he goes everywhere with this inhaler. I am not sure that is what is really wrong with him, I think it was more of this flu he was coming down with. So, 3:00 am we are cleaning up rooms again! Well, for the last two days I have not gotten any workouts in...probably good actually. After my long run on Monday my left knee started to hurt, so I have had 2 days of recovery. It is a little better but I probably just went too long on my old shoes and now will need to quickly get the new ones broken in. It even hurt swimming Monday night when I was pushing off the wall. So resting I have been doing -- not really happy about it though -- kind of nervous actually, as if my Ironman bank is slowing leaking out.

I have been looking forward through my schedule and what I have for training. We will be heading out of town on vacation twice between now and Louisville. So, my plan is to ramp my training up -- 13 or 14 hours (or more if possible) going into the first vacation and then treat the vacation as a recovery week. I will be able to run (treadmill or outside) and possibly swim, though I am not counting on it. Then for the next vacation do the same thing, I am not sure at this point where I will need to be regarding hours and type of training before that one but I know I will be able to run and swim some. As I looked through the training plan I was really surprised at how close the race really is...and I still don't know what kind of route it is going to be! So disappointing! And extremely stressful, but I guess that is what makes it the Ironman. In the past before a race I did not know the routes -- all I knew was the wind direction and water temp that morning. So I guess I should really back off...and stop worrying.

So, I guess that I need some healing vibes myself that my knee gets better and that my family stops passing this flu around.

Later.

No comments: