When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into darkness, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen .... There will be something to stand on or You will be taught how to fly.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Warmth!

Yeah for Spring! I love to run outside. I cannot believe I just wrote that...Friday evening I went for a 4 mile run and I think that I smiled the entire time. The people driving their cars past me must have thought I was nuts, but I was so happy to be outside. I was able to run in shorts and a t-shirt!!

The pukes are still in our house, the littlest P got it on Saturday evening and continued through Sunday. So I missed my long run on Sunday. I got up this morning and did it though. 8 miles before the sun came up!! :) It was great as well, no one could see me smiling today it was too dark but I was sure glad to be running outside again. Tonight after everyone goes to bed I am going to get my swim in -- I have to hustle tonight because I don't want to miss any of Heroes! I am so addicted to this show. I am not sure when it happened but Heroes and Survivor are the only two shows that I HAVE to watch. Everything else is just something to fill trainer/treadmill time.

I can't wait to get my bike off the trainer, to actually use the aerobars, etc out on the road. Now, if the race director would just post what the route for Ironman Louisville is going to be -- hilly, rolling, or flat? Some time this spring/summer I am going to get down there for a recon ride. Hopefully before June - that way I will have a better idea of the kinds of hills I need to search out and ride locally. Somewhere I heard a rumor that the run was going to be mostly flat but with very little shade -- so I guess that means a lot of afternoon/hot runs. Actually, I probably should be practicing running in the dark -- which is when I will probably be running most of the marathon in Louisville. It was dark this morning...one more deposit, right??

I just read through this post -- lots of rambling...very stream of consciousness. Sorry!

Later!

No comments: